TURNING CUT CALCULATOR (Android)
This is a great tool for lathe-operators, CNC-operators, CNC-programmers etc. who work with processes in turning machines.
In a fast and simple way can all turning data be manipulated for a turning cut.
Both of the systems Metric and Imperial are supported.
Observe that this app also works for drilling, milling etc. if the nose radius and the surface are ignored (they are lathe-specific here).
For more milling-specific calculations you can download "Milling Cut Calculator" made by KenKe.
- Calculates the time for a turning cut by using given turning data
- Handles both of the systems Metric and Imperial
- Possible to convert between the two systems
- Possible turning-data to change are diameter, cutting length, cutting speed, spindle speed (rpm), feed per revolution, feed per minute, nose radius and surface (Ra)
- Converts between cutting speed and spindle speed
- Converts between feed per revolution and feed per minute
- Calculates an approximate Ra surface fineness from given nose radius and feed
- Calculates an approximate feed from given nose radius and surface quality
- The selected value can be changed with absolute input or incremental buttons (perfect for fine-tuning processing data)
- Switching between change methods is made by a long tap on the value to change
- Update of all necessary values immediately
- Possibility to choose the time of showing highlights and buttons
- Possibility to choose the color of highlights and buttons
- The selected system, time for highlight and color of highlight will be stored to the next use of the app
- Possible to continue with the last session when starting the app
EVENTS WHEN CHANGING A VALUE
When changing a value will other values, dependent on the changed value, immediately be updated. Let's name thoose values "subvalues" for some coming simplicity.
Of course will diameter and cutting length never be changed because of a change of an other value. The same applies to the value of the nose radius. When changing for example the quality of the surface (Ra), will feed be changed instead of the nose radius.
The subvalues that are to be updated follows this app's rules of priority.
That means that in each "section" will the following have the priority:
Cutting speed (prio)
Feed per rev. (prio)
Feed per min.
Nose radius (prio, and will never be changed as a subvalue)
So, the subvalues that should be changed are normally thoose that not have the priorities.
The subvalues that have the priority can normaly only be changed by other subvalues in each section (nose radius is not included in that rule).
This app's rules of priority results in this way of changing the subvalues:
- A change of the diameter will also change the spindle speed, the feed/min and the time
- A change of the cutting length will also change the time
- A change of the cutting speed will also change the spindle speed, the feed/min and the time
- A change of the spindle speed will also change the cutting speed, the feed/min and the time
- A change of the feed/rev will also change the feed/min, the surface and the time
- A change of the feed/min will also change the feed/rev, the surface and the time
- A change of the nose radius will also change the surface
- A change of the surface will also change the feed/rev, the feed/min and the time (not the nose radius)
The main value to change is highlighted with a light color and the subvalues with a darker one.
Observe that the showed values are rounded and the calculations are using not rounded 32-bits double precision values.
A description like this one is included in the app.