MILLING CUT CALCULATOR - Android
This is a great tool for milling-operators, CNC-operators, CNC-programmers etc. who work with processes in milling machines.
In a fast and simple way can most milling data be manipulated for a milling cut.
Both of the systems Metric and Imperial are supported.
Observe that this app also works for drilling, turning etc.
For more lathe-specific calculations you can download Turning Cut Calculator or the extended Turning Cut Calculator II, both made by KenKe.
- Calculates the time for a milling cut by using given milling data
- Handles both of the systems Metric and Imperial
- Possible to convert between the two systems
- Possible milling-data to change are tool diameter, number of teeth, cutting length, cutting speed, spindle speed (rpm), feed per tooth, feed per revolution and feed per minute
- Converts between cutting speed and spindle speed
- Converts between feed per tooth, feed per revolution and feed per minute
- The selected value can be changed with absolute input or incremental buttons (perfect for fine-tuning processing data)
- Switching between change methods is made by a long tap on the value to change
- Update of all necessary values immediately
- Possibility to choose the time of showing highlights and buttons
- Possibility to choose the color of highlights and buttons
- The selected system, time for highlight and color of highlight will be stored to the next use of the app
- Possible to continue with the last session when starting the app
EVENTS WHEN CHANGING A VALUE
When changing a value will other values, dependent on the changed value, immediately be updated. Let's name thoose values "subvalues" for some coming simplicity.
Of course will tool diameter, number of teeth and cutting length never be changed because of a change of an other value.
The subvalues that are to be updated follows this app's rules of priority.
That means that in each "section" will the following have the priority:
Cutting speed (prio)
Feed per tooth (prio)
Feed per rev.
Feed per min.
So, the subvalues that should be changed are normally thoose that not have the priorities.
The subvalues that have the priority can normaly only be changed by other subvalues in the same section.
This app's rules of priority results in this way of changing the subvalues:
- A change of the tool diameter will also change the spindle speed, the feed/min and the time
- A change of the number of teeth will also change the feed/rev, the feed/min and the time
- A change of the cutting length will also change the time
- A change of the cutting speed will also change the spindle speed, the feed/min and the time
- A change of the spindle speed will also change the cutting speed, the feed/min and the time
- A change of the feed/tooth will also change the feed/rev, the feed/min and the time
- A change of the feed/rev will also change the feed/tooth, the feed/min and the time
- A change of the feed/min will also change the feed/tooth, the feed/rev and the time
The main value to change is highlighted with a light color and the subvalues with a darker one.
Observe that the showed values are rounded and the calculations are using much higher precision values.
A description like this one is included in the app.